Given the function:
Answer the following questions:
- What is the intersection point of the graph with the -axis?
- Does the graph have intersection points with the -axis, and if so, how many?
- What is the symmetry axis?
1. Because in the formula equals , the intersection point with the -axis equals .
2. In order to find out whether the graph of the function has intersection points with the -axis, we have to calculate the discriminant:
The discriminant is greater than and thus the graph has two intersection points with the -axis.
3. The symmetry axis is: